This program meets the following requirements:
- Magellan HealthCare credential requirements for behavior technicians
- ABA Technician (ABAT) Credential
- Board Certified Behavior Technician (BCAT )
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
- Virginia ABA Technician
This program will prepare candidates with a strong basic foundation in the basic concepts and principles of applied behavior analysis within the context of Autism treatment and Person Centered approaches. This course is intended for workforce development to address an immediate broad service need. This course provides the foundation for the next steps in advanced education and training in ABA and Autism. Four hours of this program are focused on Ethics and Professional Behavior. The online, self-paced, distance learning program requirements consist of 45 hours of coursework, 2 hours of instructor led exercises, 15 hours of on the job training and a 2 hour final assessment.
This training program includes the task and competency List's for the BICC Board Certified Behavior Technician, QABA Applied Behavior Analysis Technician and the BACB Registered Behavior Technician and is designed to meet the 40-hour training requirements for all three credentials. The program is offered independently of the BICC, QABA and BACB.
This training program is based on the Qualified Applied Behavior Analyst Technician Standards and is designed to meet or exceed the 45-hour training requirement for the ABAT credential. The program is offered independently of the QABA.
This training program is based on the Registered Behavior Technician Task List and is designed to meet or exceed the 40-hour training requirement for the RBT credential. The program is offered independently of the BACB.
This training program is based on the Board Certified Behavior Technician Task List and is designed to meet ot exceed the 40-hour training requirement for the BCAT credential. The program is offered independently of the BICC.
Training HoursThis program is equivalent to 45 hours of classroom time and worth 3 semester credits
Method of DeliveryThis in an online, self pace distance learning course.This program is delivered in an asynchronous and synchronous manner. Instructor is available through email, chat and via the embedded Mentor System.Instructor: Michael Weinberg, PhD, BCBA-D.
1. Training must be completed within a 180-day period
2. Completion of coursework and quizzes (instructional aides) at a 90% criteria pass rate
3. Completion and pass scoring of the Instructor-led exercises
4. Completion of the final exam at a 72.67% pass rate
6. Verification of 15 hours of on the job training within the last two years
7. Agree to the Terms and Conditions including placement on the public registry
8. Complete online survey
9. Unlock Certificate of Completion
Eligibility Requirements• Must be at least 18 yrs old
• Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent